The NZ Country Music Awards have announced 10 finalists for the MLT Songwriting Award for 2021.
The award recognises the unrecorded songs of NZ and Australia and will be presented at the annual NZ Country Music Awards to be held in Gore on June 3. The finalists are:
- Look But Don’t Touch – Marian Burns (Auckland)
- Gonna Turn – Nicky Moran (Hamilton)
- If You Were A Bird – Jenny Mitchell (Gore)
- Imperfect Lovers – Mia Jay (Napier)
- Trouble Finds A Girl – Jenny Mitchell (Gore), Tami Neilson (Auckland), Chris Wethey (Christchurch) and Tali Enjalas Jenkinson (Christchurch)
- Old Bones and New Strings – Carylann Martin (Otaki)
- Alexandra Road – Chad Robinson (Queenstown)
- What It Does – Micheal Young (Auckland) Dixie Dolejs (Auckland)
- Downsizing – Eric Reid (Pelican Waters, Australia)
- Tired As A Possum – Ron Mitchell (Gore)
The NZ Country Music Awards recognise the best of country music in the southern hemisphere. Alongside the songwriting award, will be presentations of the Recorded Music NZ Best Country Artist and the APRA Best Country Song.