The CubaDupa team has announced a series of art development sessions under the name Whanake Ringapuoro. There will be six free workshops designed to help Wellington-based musicians build industry knowledge and their careers.
Weekly Tuesday night sessions will be held at the Exchange Atrium from May 31 until July 5, with each focusing on one specific area:
- May 31: Applying for festivals & support slots with guest Gussie Larkin (Live Nation, Mermaidens, Earth Tongue)
- June 7: Managing money as a musician with guest Robert Westall (Naked Accounting)
- June 14: Finding funding for your music with guest Ash Wallace (Foley)
- June 21: Release Ready: distribution, radio & marketing with Holly Kilmartin (DRM)
- June 28: Successful shows & tours with guest Anthony Metcalf (100% Good)
- July 5: Support for Māori musicians with host Noel Woods and guests Nadia Marsh (Te Māngai Pāho) & Cushla Aston (Aston Rd)
Attendance is free with no criteria for entry, however participants are asked to register their interest through CubaDupa’s website.