The finalists for the 2021 NZ Children’s Music Awards have been announced. After being restricted to an online show last year due to Covid restrictions, the awards will again be a live affair this time, with winners announced at a ceremony hosted by Suzy Cato, at Auckland venue The Tuning Fork on May 16.
Presented by Recorded Music NZ, APRA NZ and NZ On Air, the awards have the support of Kiwi Kids Music, the national association of children’s songwriters, creators and producers. Kiwi Kids Music supports children’s music creators.
This year’s finalists are:
APRA Best Children’s Song Finalists
- Michael Busch, Andrew Knopp, Victoria Knopp for Brave performed by Music with Michal
- Robin Nathan for Chihuahua performed by fleaBITE
- Siu Williams-Lemi for He Uri Ngāti Hua-Rakau performed by Loopy Tunes Preschool Music
Recorded Music NZ Te Kaipuoro Waiata Tamariki Toa / Best Children’s Music Artist finalists
- Chris Lam Sam for ‘Chris Lam Sam’s Silly Funny Songs For Kids!’
- Music with Michal for ‘Can You Make Music?’
- fleaBITE for ‘Snakes Alive’
NZ On Air Best Children’s Music Video finalists:
- Captain Festus McBoyle for Bubble video written and directed by Larissa Lofley, produced by Pea-Knuckle Productions
- Judi Cranston for 5+ A Day video by Judi Cranston
- Custard’s World Puppets/Whoa! Studios for A Little Care (Wash Your Hands) video produced by Candace Borchert and directed by Raj Singh