The finalists for the SOUNZ contemporary music award and two screen-based awards that will be presented alongside the 2020 APRA Silver Scroll Award have now been announced.
Some of New Zealand’s best songwriters and composers are among those shortlisted for the three awards to be presented on Wednesday, October 14, at Auckland Town Hall.
The 2020 finalists for the SOUNZ Contemporary Award are:
- A Loose Affiliation of Alleluias by Celeste Oram
- Assemblage by Alex Taylor and Simon Ingram
- Mātauranga (Rerenga) by Michael Norris
The 2020 finalists for the APRA Best Original Music In A Series Award are:
- Claire Cowan for One Lane Bridge
- David Long for The Luminaries
- Don McGlashan and Harry Sinclair for Kiri and Lou
- Lachlan Anderson for The Dead Lands
Finalists for the APRA Best Original Music In A Film Award for 2020 are:
- Claire Cowan for Runaway Millionaires
- Karl Steven for Come to Daddy
- Mahuia Bridgman-Cooper for The Legend of Baron To’a