SoundCheck Aotearoa is an action group with the mission to foster a safe and inclusive culture for the music community. As part of their commitment to addressing sexual harm in our music community they are offering a series of free Professional Respect Training workshops across the country.
- Definitions of sexual harassment and sexual harm within NZ legislation.
- WorkSafe obligations and legal requirements for workplaces.
- Guidance for receiving disclosures of sexual harm and supporting survivors.
- Pathways for reporting sexual harm and support services available.
- Strategies for preventing sexual harm and fostering a respectful work environment.
- June 10 – Full/waiting list only – Spark Arena, Tāmaki Makaurau, Auckland
- July 8 – Spark Arena – Tāmaki Makaurau, Auckland
- August 5 – Venue TBC – Ōtepoti, Dunedin
- September 23 – Venue TBC – Te Whanganui-a-Tara, Wellington
The training days (9-5 with lunch provided) will be facilitated by Rachel Harrison and Mel Calvesbert who are experienced specialists. Register here.