NZ On Air Music has announced the results of its May NewMusic Single funding round, with 35 of 170 applicants receiving up to $10k for their recording, video and promotion costs in the next few months.
There are 11 first-time New Music Single recipients, as well as five artists who have previously collaborated with established local producers via the NewMusic Development scheme.
The judging panel was made up of Aneeka Moheed (95bFM), Dan Taipua, Pippa Ryan-Kidd, Shanieka Trask (Mai FM), Natalia Shepherd, Zen Yates-Fill (RNZ) and Jeff Newton (NZ On Air Music)
- Hone: All I Need
- Mokotron: Ōhāki
- 0800: All You Need
- Aidan Fine: Ordinary Feelings
- Ash: No Man’s Land
- Beacon Bloom: Real
- Brandn Shiraz: Junior
- Byllie-Jean: Running Amuck
- Christoph El Truento: Drip
- Crystal Chen: Bubble Bath
- Denel: Back Seat
- Diggy Dupé: We The City
- Eleven7four: One Last Time
- Flaxxies: Snapped Up By The Boss
- Hybrid Rose: Hugs N Kisses
- Jamie Mcdell: Beach House
- Katie Thompson: Do You Think Of Me?
- La Felix: Live It Up
- Mahina: 7 Seas
- Marlin’s Dreaming Feat. Erny Belle: Earnestly
- Maxwell Monika Feat. Jewels: Dream Sequence
- Mazbou Q Feat. King Green: Colours
- Muroki: Watching Movies
- Proteins Of Magic: I
- Rita Mae: Real Love
- Skilaa: Southern Gothic
- Stndrd Feat. Tomorrow People & Canaan Ene: It’s You
- Taebz Feat. Hanbee: Out Of Touch
- Trei & Tiki Taane: Damage Done
- Villainy: Miles Away
- Waguan: Outside
- Mel Parsons: Tiny Days
- Μokomokai, Melodownz: Kupe
- Holly Arrowsmith: Blue Dreams
- Written By Wolves: Goddess
The next NewMusic Single round will open on June 1, and close on June 15. More about NewMusic Single funding here.
Also open is the round for the one-off targeted fund NewMusic Pan-Asian, aimed at supporting Pan-Asian musicians in releasing their songs, creating accompanying visual content and promotion. Applications for the round will close on May 25.