The NZ Music Commission is inviting potential interns to apply for 16 short term roles across the music industry. Its Industry Internship Programme 2020 will run for the third time next year, with the goal of growing the knowledge, networks and career potential of emerging music professionals.
The internship roles are generally suited to recent graduates, or those wanting to kick start a career in the music industry. Applications are open until January 29, with internships starting in late February or early March. All internships must be completed by June 30.
Applicants can apply for a maximum of three Internship positions.
The roles available for 2020 are:
- Member Communications – 2 days x 16 weeks – Auckland
Communication & events work in an organisation representing songwriters.
- Event Assistant -2 days x 16 weeks – Auckland
- Assistant Audio Engineer – 2 days x 16 weeks – Auckland
Assist in all aspects of running and operating a recording studio.
- Assistant to the Studio Manager & In-House engineers – 4 days x 10 weeks – Auckland
- Catalogue Delivery Assistant – 2 days x 16 weeks – Auckland
Set up of new music releases to digital music streaming and download platforms.
- Admin / Licensing Assistant – 2 days x 16 weeks – Auckland
- Video Content Editor/Producer for Radio – 3 days x 16 weeks – Christchurch
- PR & Management Assistant – 3 days x 12 weeks – Auckland
- Kaiāwhina Puoro Māori / Māori Music Intern – 3 days x 16 weeks – Wellington
To support the continued implementation of a Māori Music Strategy to grow and develop Māori music in Aotearoa.
- Festival Operations Intern – 4 days x 10 weeks – Wellington
A role for someone who loves event production.
- Studio & Event Assistant – 2 days x 16 weeks – Palmerston North
Assisting the studio and management team in operating a live music venue, rehearsal studios and recording studio.
- Assistant Engineer – 3 days x 16 weeks – Auckland
- Production & Management Assistant – 3 days x 14 weeks – Auckland
- Record Label & Store Media Coordinator – 2 days x 12 weeks – Wellington
- Management Assistant – 3 days x 12 weeks – Auckland
- Recording Studios EngineeringAssistant – 3 days x 10 weeks – Auckland
Link to the Intern Application Form here.
Download the Industry Internship Programme FAQ’s here.